Monday, October 27, 2008

Halloween and Swimming

Hi all!

Thank you to all who were able to help make Camp Out Day such a huge success! The children seemed to really enjoy the change of pace.

Thursday morning at 9:00 will be the Lower School Halloween Parade. The children may come to school dressed in their costumes, but they should bring clothes to change into later in the day. We will be going to PE (swimming) right after the parade, so your child also needs to bring their swimming materials. I would like for them to change into their regular clothes after they swim. In order to be able to swim, I must plead that the children wear no makeup, face paint or hair coloring for the parade. I asked the children, and the vast majority said they had no intention of using these products anyway. Anything that is easily removed is fine, and masks may be worn for the parade. Last year my class was only able to swim twice in the fall because our sessions were cancelled for various reasons, and Mrs. Wimble was never able to reschedule us. I would really like to make sure that doesn’t happen again.

We will also have a small “party” in the afternoon on Thursday. We ask parents to bring in precut fruits and vegetable, drinks, and other goodies for Mr. Evans and me to put out around 2:15. I am so sorry that this is the first you are hearing of this from me, but with Camp Out Day and report cards I completely forgot about Halloween. Just drop me a quick note if you can bring anything in for the children to enjoy while they socialize.

Today, our class is browsing the book fair. If your child finds something they would like to purchase, I will allow them to return later this week if they have brought in money for purchases. Also, don’t forget that the children must have their recorders and books for music on Wednesday.

Tomorrow mini-goal #2 is due for the book project. There will be no further mini-goals for this project, and the completed windsock must be turned in by Wednesday, November 5.

Friday there is no school for parent/teacher conferences. I am attaching an updated list. Please let me know if you are unable to make the time we have scheduled. There is also no school on Monday for a teacher work day.

I will not be sending Monday folders home this week because of conferences.

That’s all for now!
Kim Bushman

No comments: